See this article written by Suzie Wilson of Happierhome.net about tips for moving to California:
If you want to avoid problems and headaches when moving out-of-state, you need the right information. For a long-distance move to California, these tips and resources can provide what you need so you can savor—instead of stress over—your big move.
Plan Ahead of Time
The process of relocating to a new state can be filled with small, easy-to-miss details. Therefore, planning ahead is critical.
- Using a checklist keeps you on track.
- Now is also a good time to search for long-distance movers.
- Pet parents should find pet-friendly hotels.
- You may want to hire someone to help keep your pet safe while moving and unpacking.
Try to Take Care of Repairs Before You Start Moving
Most people wait until they’ve settled into a new house before they start working on improvements, but certain projects should be completed beforehand.
- Some issues could be dangerous, like electrical problems, so tend them ASAP.
- Some projects are also easier to complete before a move, like refinishing wood floors.
- Ensure older homes are ready for current tech, including phone lines.
The first night in a new house can be hectic, but forgetting to switch on essential utilities can make things even more stressful.
- Setting up utilities can include services like power, water, gas, sanitation, and internet.
- In Burbank, you can connect your power and water using the same website.
- You’ll have more choices when it comes to choosing an internet service provider.
- If you’re establishing a home office or moving for work, save your receipts.
- Those receipts might be handy at tax time. Brian T. Stoner, CPA can provide you with knowledgeable and trustworthy assistance with your tax and accounting preparation.
- Last but not least, it’s always a good idea to do a good deep cleaning before unpacking.
Explore Your New State & City
Feeling at home in an unfamiliar city can take some time, which is why newcomers to California should be patient as they settle in and take steps to reduce stress in the meantime.
- Get to know your city’s quirks to soothe stress.
- Los Angeles-area traffic is notorious for stress; hack routes to reduce headaches.
- Turn to alternative transportation options to ease navigation while you explore the city.
- Find ways to make new friends.
A new hometown can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be stressful. The right tips and information will help you avoid headaches, so keep this guide handy as you transition to the Golden State.
For financial, accounting and tax musings,
You can count on us to count for you!
SELECTED TO THE FORBES TOP 100 MUST-FOLLOW TAX TWITTER ACCOUNTS FOR 2019 AND 2020
ALSO CHOSEN AS ONE OF TOP 20 TAX SERVICES IN LOS ANGELES FOR 2020 BY EXPERTISE.COM!